Decadent caramel mousse tarts with dulche de leche that will delight in taste, shimmer and shine with an eye-catching Gold Glamour Mirror Glaze.
- wire rack with drip tray
- Tray of 6 Silicone dome moulds
- Long spatula
- 6 x 4 inch ready made shortbread tart shells
- 1 x Dulche de Leche spread
- 1 x Ripe Banana
- 250 g Whipped Cream
- 50 g Vizyon Neutral Charlotte Powder
- 62.5 g Water - Room temperature
- 10 g Vizyon Caramel Concentrated Pastry Paste
- 1 x Vizyon Gold Glamour Mirror Glaze
- Weigh out all the ingredients for the mousse as these will need to be mixed quickly in succession.Firstly, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks - don’t overwhip it as you will want it slightly pourable to enable you to be able to fill the moulds evenly.
- Using a whisk, mix the Neutral Charlotte powder and water together until all the powder is incorporated and the mix becomes runny. Then pour the charlotte mix into the whipped cream and stir through.
- Take approximately 10g of Caramel Concentrated Paste (depending on your preferred strength of taste) and fold into the mousse cream mixture. The mix should take on a caramel colour and taste from the paste.
- Pour the mousse mix into the silicone dome moulds and refrigerate freeze overnight.
- Next day - Cut a banana into 30 thin slices, each about 3mm thick. Place 5 slices of banana into the bottom of each shortbread tart casing, fanning them out to cover the base.
- Warm the Dulce de Leche spread in a microwave until it's spreadable but not runny. Spoon a dollop of Dulche de Leche into the tart shells on top of the banana slices and then spread out evenly.
- Prepare a wire rack with drip tray underneath. Demould the caramel mousse domes from the silicone tray onto the wire rack.
- Take the Vizyon Ready to Use Gold Glamour Mirror Glaze botte and shake vigorously for 10 seconds before pouring over the Caramel Mousse domes, letting the glaze cover the dome.
- Using an offset metal spatula, carefully lift the glazed dome from the wire rack and place into the filled tart casing.
- Decorate with edible dried flowers or chopped chocolate pieces on top.