Lemon Tea Cakes
Delicious and simple lemon tea cakes that will glisten and shine as an afternoon tea delight
- 6 Bar Mini Loaf Pan
- Wire Tray with Drip Rack
- 50 g Poppy Seeds
- 135 ml Milk (warm)
- 220 g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 300 g Self Raising Flour
- 135 g Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1 Lemon Rind (grated)
- 15 ml Vizyon Lemon Concentrated Pastry Paste
- 1 Vizyon Neutral Mirror Glaze
- 1 Lemon - sliced for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a 6 bar mini loaf pan.
- Combine the poppy seeds and warm milk in a bowl and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place the caster sugar, eggs, flour, butter, lemon rind, Vizyon Lemon Concentrate Paste along with the poppy seed & milk mixture into an electric mixer.
- Beat on high speed for 5 mins until the mixture is pale and thick. Then pour into the loaf pans and bake for 40 mins
- Turn out the loaf pans onto a wire rack that has a drip tray underneath and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, place lemon slices on top of the mini loaves and then brush or pour Vizyon Neutral Mirror Glaze over the cakes.