Mini Tiramisu Bars
Deeply flavoursome and stunning dessert treat, the Mini Tiramisu Bars will be perfect for any dinner party or indulgence. Try these simple to make, Mini Tiramisu Mousse Dessert Bars for a wonderfully enchanting look and taste.
- Silicon Bar Moulds (Tray of 6)
- Wax paper
- 500 g Whipped Cream
- 100 g Vizyon Tiramisu Charlotte Powder
- 125 g Water - Room temperature
SPONGE BISCUIT CENTRE
- 6 Lady Finger Sponge Biscuits - Trimmed to fit within mould
- 2 cups Cold Black Coffee - Poured in a flat container
- 100 g Vizyon White Compound Chocolate Coins
- 15 g Instant Coffee Powder
- 1 VIZYON CHOCOLATE MIRROR GLAZE - 500g Ready to Use bottle
- Prepare the silicone bar mould by lightly coating it with non-stick spray.
- Weigh out all ingredients for the mousse first as they will be mixed quickly in succession. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Note, you don’t want to overwhip it as you still want it slightly pourable to fill your mould evenly.
- Whisk the Tiramisu Charlotte powder and water until the powder has been fully incorporated and there are no lumps. Then fold the mixture into the whipped cream. The whipped cream will take on the flavour and slight colour of the Tiramisu mix.
- Fill the silicone bar moulds halfway with mousse mix, lightly scraping the mousse outwards to create a thin layer on the sides of the mould and creating a hollow in the middle for the ladyfingers to fit into. Set the filled moulds to one side.
- Take the Finger Sponge biscuits, then working quickly, dip one ladyfinger at a time into the cold coffee liquid and then place gently into the hollow on top of the mousse in the silicone mould.
- Repeat with all of the moulds, then once all lady fingers have been placed, pour the remaining mousse into the moulds, covering the ladyfingers completely.
- Freeze overnight.
- Melt the Chocolate Compound coins in a glass bowl in the microwave in 10 second bursts until it is completely melted.
- Drop a small quantity (approx a teaspoon full) of melted chocolate onto a wax paper or baking paper sheet. Then, using a teaspoon, smear the chocolate upwards in a sweeping motion.
- Dust lightly with instant coffee powder. While chocolate is setting, the best method to achieve a curved shape (ie the upward swiping appearance) is to set the paper with the melted chocolate on it in an upright U-shape between 2 objects for support .
- NEXT DAY : Demould the mousse bars from the silicone mould onto a wire rack with a drip tray underneath. Pour the Vizyon Chocolate Mirror Glaze over the mousse bars. Pour a generous amount allowing it to run over and cover the bars.Using an offset spatula, carefully lift the glazed bar and place on a rectangular cake tab.
- Finish off by placing the white chocolate decorations onto the glazed bar.