Velvet Swiss Roll
Make the traditional incredible with a soft, velvety swiss roll creation
- Large Bowl
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Kitchen Tea Towel
Velvet Swiss Roll
- 500 g Vizyon Velvet Cake Mix (Red, Purple, Orange, Green or Black)
- 300 g Eggs (~6 eggs)
- 200 g Water
- 75 g Butter (do not melt)
- 25 g Vegetable Oil
- 100 g Stella Whipping Cream (or try Perla Whipping Cream or Custard Cream)
- 170 g Water
- Pre-heat oven to 190-200°C
- Prepare oven trays by lining them with baking paper
- Combine cake mix, eggs, butter, water and vegetable oil together in large bowl and mix for 1 min on low speed to combine all ingredients and then 6 minutes on high speed.
- Pour the batter into the baking tray. The batter will be very runny, so ensure to spread it evenly across the tray, making sure you also fill into the corners.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. To test the cake is ready, the cake when cooked should spring back when you gently press it with your finger.
- Prepare a kitchen towel to place the cooked swiss roll onto. Moisten the towel slightly by sprinkling a little water as well as a fine layer of castor sugar
- Tip the warm cake immediately onto the kitchen towel and peel off the baking paper. Trim the edges and then cut lines across the cake on the end which will commence the roll. This will allow the cake to fold in and roll more easily.
- Roll up the cake gently using the towel. The first fold needs to be really tight. Once rolled up, allow the cake to cool completely before you will unroll and add the cream.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the Vizyon Stella Whipping cream by combining the water and powder mix and whipping in a mixer for 1 min at low speed, then 6 minutes on high speed. Ensure to whip to this timeframe as it will maximise the cream bouyancy. Keep aside until the cake has cooled.Note: if using the Vizyon Perla Whipping cream mix for 3-4 minutes. Perla Whipping cream will provide a denser, richer, cream-flavoured texture. Stella Whipping cream will have a lighter texture with a slightly more sweeter taste.
- Once the cake has cooled, unroll and spread the cream evenly, making sure you cover to the edges.
- Roll up the cake again gently and refrigerate for 10-15minutes so the cream sets.
- Decorate with a chocolate drizzle or dust with icing sugar
Swiss Roll recipe and cooking can be dependent on the mixing speed and cooking temperature of the oven, along with the thickness of the batter in your tray. You may need to adjust the recipe to suit your own situation and equipment. An alternative recipe to the above that could also be used is; Ingredients; 500g Vizyon Velvet Cake Mix 200g Eggs 60g Butter (room temperature) 150g Water Combine together into a bowl and mix at 1 minute on low speed and 4 minutes on medium speed Place on a oven tray and cook for 10 minutes at 200C.